Te Rapa - Waikato
CAL ISUZU is seeking an extraordinary and versatile Service Manager to lead an extraordinary and engaged team of truck mad professionals.
CAL ISUZU is seeking an extraordinary and versatile Service Manager to lead an extraordinary and engaged team of truck mad professionals, and to support and grow our valued customer base in our Te Rapa, Hamilton dealership.
A bit about us …
At CAL ISUZU, we sell, service, repair, engineer and support the most sold truck in New Zealand and indeed the world – the ISUZU, and we are damn proud of it!.
CAL Isuzu started from humble beginnings on a front lawn in a little house in Hamilton, New Zealand. From that first front lawn truck yard, CAL ISUZU has grown to become New Zealand’s largest truck dealership, with branches in Auckland, Whangarei, Hamilton and Tauranga.
At CAL ISUZU, we specialise in the sale of new and used ISUZU trucks, as well as offering complete engineering, coach-building, panel, paint, service and mechanical facilities. We have a sense that we aren’t finished yet, and we have a belief that what makes us different is our focus on what drives us including second to none communication, that personal touch, our product knowledge and our focus on our people, our customers and our suppliers. If we say it, we make sure we mean it and we then make sure we do it!
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we would love you to read on!
A bit about the role …
As our Te Rapa Service Manager you will:
- Lead your team of approximately 20 CAL ISUZU team members with a leader mindset of ensuring that each and every one of your team goes home safe every day, feels valued and knows what they do makes a difference.
- Lead the delivery of best practice industry maintenance services in a purpose built and modern workshop, through a team of highly skilled professionals.
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with our customers big and small, and our suppliers who loyally support our business.
- Drive new business through actively seeking opportunities and growing and maintaining a wide industry network.
- Manage your business unit as if it was your own, focussing on safety, people, quality, compliance, performance, unapplied time and continuous improvement.
A bit about you…
As our Te Rapa Service Manager you will have:
- A demonstrated track record of leading high performing teams with a focus on health, safety and wellbeing, and team engagement.
- At least 3 years’ demonstrated experience in a similar role; including an in-depth knowledge of the road transport industry.
- A relevant trade/engineering qualification.
- Experience in managing critical key accounts and driving new business opportunities.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- A customer centric way of thinking and a win-win negotiation style.
A bit about what we offer …
- A competitive salary
- A company vehicle
- A generous relocation package for those further abroad.
- Vehicle buying privileges through Holden New Zealand and staff buying discounts.
- Collegial and professional support from a wider team of CAL ISUZU team members.
- Formal and informal professional development opportunities.
- A workplace full of people who love what they are doing, and have a few laughs along the way
If all the above ticks a few or many boxes, and this role sounds exciting and challenging at the same time, simply apply now or call Sharon McDonald, Group Manager – People and Culture for a confidential chat on 021 197 9459.